Monday, September 8, 2008

The Socratic Method

So as most of you know I am in law school in Boston. I had heard horror stories of this so called socratic method that is infamous in the law school circuit and knew that it could be a little crazy. NEVER in my life did I think I would ever be so scared in class even though I had done all the homework, done all the case briefs, the reading, re-reads and double checking of the briefs and be terrified to sit in some of my classes. All of my teachers are amazing, love hearing them etc, and a couple of them are not so socratic...yet...but there are a couple who just pick your name from the roll or our "get to know you"cards. For any of you who are thinking that it can't be that bad, oh yes, yes it can be. So I will continue to overprepare, overthink, and overload on my studies for that dreadful day when Professor Sorensen or Berman say "Ms. Jarvis, what are the details of this case?" And what is even more sad, is that even after that terrifying day, I will keep doing it for fear that I can get called on more than one time a semester.

No comments: